the "Advancing Classroom Technology: ACT Now!" Campaign!
Funding for the campaign will come from multiple sources: events for families and local community, corporate sponsorships, private and government grants, as well as gifts from major individual donors. The proposed campaign will fund technology that will allow our students and district to:
• Learn 24x7: Every child will have access to digital learning tools at school and will extend that learning and access into the home setting.
• Encourage collaboration: The technology will enable Flip classrooms which allow students to listen to lectures in the evening or real time if they are out sick, or want to review material, or work collaboratively on homework and other projects in class.
• Be an employer of choice: We will attract and retain tech savvy teachers by allowing our teachers to use and create digital curricular content, use eBooks, and learn and implement best practices for the use of technology in the classroom.
• Enjoy up-to-date materials: Digital material allows for richer content through videos, simulations, interactive lessons, online assessments, instant feedback, and links to additional information.
• Increase flexibility in learning: Digital content can be edited to meet individual student needs, providing rich and real time flexibility as children's knowledge and skills grow.
• Increase learning in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) fields: Students can conduct video conferences with experts in various fields to learn about the sciences, talk to authors, and question government officials.
• Use technology to engage and excite the learning process: Children will be able to use multimedia labs to publish a movie or podcast to demonstrate knowledge and share with others, among many other uses.
• Become global citizens: Children will be able to conduct ePal Global projects to learn about other students and cultures from around the world and collaborate through online projects.
These are just some examples of the meaningful, content rich, problem-based learning and 21st century tools this exciting campaign will provide our children.