Dr. Alexandra Nicholson
Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year! The administrative team and I are privileged to serve the communities of Northbrook and Glenview by leading the education of the children of District 31. Throughout the year, our efforts will focus on fulfilling the District’s mission: “Inspiring Minds, Building Futures - Together.”
Each school year, key initiatives for continued improvement are identified that directly correspond to the District 31 Strategic Plan. During the 2015-2016 school year, these will fall into the categories of student growth and achievement, the learning environment, professional practices, engaging families and the community, and resources. Our new Strategic Plan addresses these areas through the following goals:
· District #31 students will grow in their mastery of the New Illinois Learning Standards.
· District #31 will provide a safe, supportive, challenging, and inspiring learning environment that promotes the physical, academic, social, and emotional growth of all students, empowering them to become active partners in their own learning.
· District #31 will achieve a supportive and positive work environment where collaborative structures and processes are used to ensure shared leadership and data-based decision making.
· District #31 will enhance the education of students through meaningful partnerships with families and the community.
· District #31 will continue to improve its financial stability while continuing to obtain the required resources to meet the goals of the District’s Strategic Plan and will communicate financial information to stakeholders.
More details about the strategies planned to accomplish these goals can be found on this District web site.
I encourage you to browse our web site to learn more about District 31. You can find out when Board of Education meetings are scheduled and review Board Briefs provided within days of each meeting and formal Board meeting minutes approved the following month. You can review important information within the Student/Parent Handbook, check the District and school activity calendars, review Board policies, learn about PTC and Education Foundation activities, etc.
District 31 is committed to providing a high quality educational program to ALL students. We take our role in preparing your children for being successful within an ever changing world very seriously. As always, I look forward to working with the families and community members of District 31. Your input and questions are welcome. Please do not hesitate to contact any of the District 31 administrators or me at any time throughout the year.
Dr. Alexandra Nicholson